Hello from Pitchfork & Crow~
Hey, hey! It’s time for another day at the Salem Saturday Market! Here’s what we plan to bring to market:
- Acorn Squash!!
- Beans (Green, Purple, Yellow!)
- Brussels Sprouts (new!)
- Cooking Greens Mix (Kale, Chard, Collards, Cabbage, Parsley)
- Delicata Squash!!
- Kale (Red Russian & Lacinato)
- Onions (sweet & purple torpedoes – probably the last week for these varieties)
- Peppers (green bells, yellow hot wax, red sweets!)
- Potatoes (fingerlings, reds, & yukon golds)
- Pumpkins (just the mini pumpkins this week!)
- Purple Hull Peas
- Summer Squash (yellow straightneck, zucchini, & pattypan – nearing the end!)
We’re down to the last four weeks of the Salem Saturday Market! The weather will be increasingly dicey, the vendors will become more and more scarce, and the vegetables will continue to shift to the heartier autumn crops. But we’ll be there, and we hope you will be too!
As we wrap up the last few weeks of the Market, and begin our planning for next year in earnest, we’re asking for any vegetable and/or variety suggestions you may have. Was there something you couldn’t find at market or couldn’t get enough of? Did your grandparents grow a fantastic variety of cucumbers or perhaps you grow a fabulous variety of pole beans in your home garden? We’d love your input as we plan to fill the increased growing space we have at the new farm for next season!
We hope to see you at the Saturday Market between 9am and 3pm. The Salem Saturday Market is located at the intersection of Summer and Marion streets NE in downtown Salem.
Carri Heisler and Jeff Bramlett