September 2017 Update
Thanks for your interest in the P&C CSA! We’re full for the season!
Thanks! Carri & Jeff
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
CSA’s are supported by community members who pre-pay for a weekly share of the farm harvest. This pre-payment helps provide stable financing for farming operations, allowing farmers to focus on thorough planning and quality care of the soil and crops. A CSA provides members the knowledge of where and how their food is grown.
Focused on the local community, a CSA lessens travel time between harvest and cooking, increasing nutritional content and lessening environmental impacts of transportation. CSAs help build local economies and protect valuable farm land from urbanization and poor management.
2017 Pitchfork & Crow CSA
- $702 for 27 weeks of local, seasonal, organic vegetables (the end of May thru the week of Thanksgiving)
- A mix of 9-14 vegetables and fruits each week
- A diverse selection of vegetables, including many heirloom varieties
- Convenient pick-up at the farm, at the Lebanon Community Hospital, or the COMP-NW campus in Lebanon or near downtown Salem at the Willamette Heritage Center.
- Know your farmers, know your food!
Vegetables & Share Size
Our goal is to provide a diverse mix of seasonal vegetables from week-to-week, including many familiar vegetables and some less familiar varieties. Lettuce or salad mix will generally be included in the share each week. Favorites like carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes will make many appearances in the share and we’ll round out the variety by including less familiar vegetables like kohlrabi, fennel, and celeriac a few times throughout the season. We also try to include fruit when available and in season. We’re excited to share fruit from the farm including several varieties of pears and apples!
- Our share size should easily feed a family of four or two vegetable-loving adults. Think that’s too much for you? Consider splitting the share with a friend or co-worker.
- A list of the vegetables we are planning to grow this next year can be found here.
The Summer CSA season will run 27 weeks, from the week of May 23rd thru November 21st.
*Students are welcome to join us in the fall when they return to school for a partial season share at a pro-rated price. Commit now to ensure a spot in the CSA.
Membership is $702 for the full season. There are two payment options:
- Single-payment option: full $702 at sign-up
- Two-payment option: pay $351 at sign-up and $351 by July 31st
- Please see the Student sign-up form for partial season payment options.
*Once memberships are confirmed, members will be emailed an invoice.
Please reference your invoice for payment due dates. We accept checks, cash, and money orders for payments and we’ve added an online payment option this season. Click here to check out our new store for making secure online payments.
We have 4 pick-up locations! Our on-farm pick-up and Salem pick-up are both market-style, enabling you to choose your vegetables from the quantities listed. We also drop pre-boxed shares at COMP-NW medical school campus and the Lebanon Community Hospital in Lebanon. See more details below.
- Please bring your own bags for bringing home your vegetables.
- We have a swap box at the farm and Salem pick-ups for members who choose to trade out one share item. Anything else you don’t want from your share can be left for donation.
- If you can’t make it to a pick-up, consider offering your share to a friend or neighbor. Just have them to check in with us upon arrival.
Lebanon Pick-up Options:
1) On-farm CSA pick-up is Wednesday evenings, 4pm – 6pm.
Farm Location: 34073 Santiam Hwy SE, Lebanon, OR 97355
The on-farm pick-up is market-style.
2) COMP-NW pre-boxed pick-up is Wednesday afternoons, 1:30pm – 7pm.
This option is for students and employees at COMP-NW. Shares will be left in boxes in the student center inside the medical school.
Want to join us in the fall when you return to school? Click here for the partial season student sign-up form.
3) Lebanon Community Hospital pre-boxed pick-up is Wednesday afternoons, 1:30pm – 7pm.
This option is for employees at the Lebanon Community Hospital and for local community members who prefer to pick-up a pre-boxed share. Shares will be left in boxes inside the hospital cafeteria.
= Salem CSA pick-up is Tuesday evenings, 4pm – 6:30pm.
Location: 1313 Mill St. SE Salem, OR 97301
In addition to fresh, seasonal vegetables each week, we’ll also have a newsletter updating members on what’s in the share, what’s happening on the farm, and recipe suggestions. To avoid wasting paper, the newsletter will be e-mailed directly to members and will be available on the Pitchfork & Crow website.
We are planning several opportunities during the season for members to visit the farm. We believe farm visits are a valuable opportunity for you to connect your veggies to a specific place and see how they’re grown. We’ve also found these open houses to be fun social events where we can get to know members better and members can interact with each other. A few good friendships have been kindled this way! Specific dates will be announced after the beginning of the season.
The Farm and Farmers
Information about our growing practices, farm location, and farmer backgrounds can be found here.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Pitchfork & Crow | Lebanon, Oregon | firstname.lastname@example.org | (503) 999-7920 |