March 2020 Update
We’re hard at work getting things growing for our 12th Summer CSA season! Although there are many unknowns right now, access to local produce shouldn’t be one of them. Sign-up now to reserve your spot in the CSA and join us for 6 months of organic, seasonal vegetables!
– Jeff & Carri
3 Easy Steps for Joining the P&C Summer CSA:
- Review all the 2020 CSA Season details on this page to decide if you’re ready to commit to 6 months of P&C vegetables.
- Head over to the Sign-Up Form to make it official.
- Receive an emailed invoice from us confirming your membership.
- Bonus Step: Make your first CSA payment by mailing us a check, having your bank mail us check, handing us a check or cash, or by card over here on our website for an extra fee.
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
CSA’s are supported by community members who pre-pay for a weekly share of the farm harvest. This pre-payment helps provide stable financing for farming operations, allowing farmers to focus on thorough planning and quality care of the soil and crops. A CSA provides members the knowledge of where and how their food is grown.
Focused on the local community, a CSA lessens travel time between harvest and cooking, increasing nutritional content and lessening environmental impacts of transportation. CSAs help build local economies and protect valuable farm land from urbanization and most importantly, produce good food for local community members.
2020 Pitchfork & Crow CSA @ a glance
- $728 for 6 months of local, seasonal, organic vegetables (June thru the week of Thanksgiving)
- A mix of 9-15 vegetables and fruits each week
- A diverse selection of vegetables throughout the season, including many open-pollinated varieties
- Weekly newsletters that include recipes and farm updates.
- Two convenient pick-up options: one near downtown Salem, at the Willamette Heritage Center, and one in Lebanon at the farm.
- Opportunities to visit the farm. Meet your food in the fields and meet your community of other CSA members too.
- Know your farm, know your farmers, know your food!
Vegetables & Share Size
Our goal is to provide a diverse mix of seasonal vegetables from week-to-week, including many familiar vegetables and some less familiar varieties. Lettuce or salad mix will generally be included in the share each week. Favorites like carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes will make many appearances in the share and we’ll round out the variety by including less familiar vegetables like kohlrabi, fennel, and celeriac a few times throughout the season. We also try to include fruit when available and in season. We grow strawberries and several varieties of melons. We’re also excited to share fruit from the farm including several varieties of pears and apples!
- Our share size should easily feed a family of four or two vegetable-loving adults. Think that’s too much for you? Consider splitting the share with a friend or co-worker.
- A list of the vegetables we are planning to grow this next year and their projected harvest months can be found here.
The Summer CSA season will run 26 weeks, from the week of June 2nd thru the week of November 25th.
Membership is $728 for the full season. There are two payment options:
- Single-payment option: Pay $728 by April 1st.
- Two-payent option: Pay $364 by April 1st and remaining $364 by August 1st.
Need a different payment option? Shoot us an email at email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do!
Please reference your invoice for payment due dates. We accept checks, cash, and money orders for payments and we’ve added an online payment here on our website. Click here to make secure online payments using your Paypal account or debit/credit card for an extra bank fee.
- Please bring your own bags for bringing home your vegetable.
- We have a swap box for members who choose to trade out an item. Anything you don’t want from your share can be left for donation.
- If you can’t make it to a pick-up, consider offering your share to a friend or neighbor. Just ask them to check in with us upon arrival.
= Salem CSA pick-up is Tuesday evenings, 4pm – 6pm.
Location: 1313 Mill St. SE Salem, OR 97301
= Lebanon CSA pick-up is Wednesday evenings, 4pm – 6pm.
The Lebanon CSA pick-up location will be at the farm, 2 miles north of Lebanon on Hwy 20 (aka Santiam Hwy). This pick-up is also market-style.
Location: 34077 Santiam Hwy Lebanon, OR 97355
Newsletters & Other Member Resources
In addition to fresh, seasonal vegetables each week, we’ll also have a newsletter updating members on what’s in the share, what’s happening on the farm, and recipe suggestions. To avoid wasting paper, the newsletter will be e-mailed directly to members and will be available on the Pitchfork & Crow website.
- More recipe suggestions available on the Recipe page of our website.
- Storage tips, recipes, and more are included on the comprehensive CSA member website that can also be used as mobile app on your phone.
- Finally, you’ll get access to the private member Facebook group where members often share what they’re cooking for dinner with P&C vegetables.
We are planning several opportunities during the season for members to visit the farm. We believe farm visits are a valuable opportunity for you to connect your veggies to a specific place and see how they’re grown. We’ve also found these open houses to be fun social events where we can get to know members better and members can interact with each other. A few good friendships have been kindled this way! Specific dates will be announced after the beginning of the season.
The Farm and Farmers
Information about our growing practices, farm location, and farmer backgrounds can be found here.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Pitchfork & Crow | Lebanon, Oregon | firstname.lastname@example.org | (503) 999-7918 |