April 2022 Update
Hello Farm Friends! We’ve wrapped up another Winter CSA season and we’re looking forward to the Summer CSA starting soon. Want to join us for the 2022/2023 Winter CSA season? Shoot us an email at email@example.com to be added to the notification list and we’ll be sure to let you know when we open it up for memberships in September.
Many thanks for your support! Carri & Jeff
4 Steps to Joining the Pitchfork & Crow Winter CSA:
- Step 1: Review the Winter CSA season details further down this page.
- Step 2: Fill out and submit the member sign-up form.
- Step 3: Receive an emailed invoice from Pitchfork & Crow within 48hrs.
- Step 4: Pay first payment by mailing us a check, having your bank mail us a check, or paying online here: https://pitchforkandcrow.com/csa-payments/. (Current CSA members can bring their payment to a CSA pick-up.)
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
CSA’s are supported by community members who pre-pay for a share of the farm harvest. This pre-payment helps provide stable financing for farming operations, allowing farmers to focus on thorough planning and quality care of the soil and crops. A CSA provides members the knowledge of where and how their food is grown.
Focused on the local community, a CSA lessens travel time between harvest and cooking, increasing nutritional content and lessening environmental impacts of transportation. CSAs help build local economies and protect valuable farm land from urbanization and poor management.
2021/2022 Pitchfork & Crow Winter CSA @ a Glance
- $450 for 5 months of local, seasonal, organic vegetables (10 bi-weekly pick-ups December thru April.)
- A diverse selection of 9-12 vegetables in each share.
- A variety of vegetables, including many open pollinated varieties
- Convenient pick-up at the farm in Lebanon or near downtown Salem at the Willamette Heritage Center.
- Know your farmers, know your food!
Vegetables & Share Size
Our goal is to provide a diverse mix of seasonal and storage vegetables from week-to-week, including many familiar vegetables and some less familiar varieties. Favorites like carrots, potatoes, and butternut winter squash will make many multiple appearances in the shares and we’ll round out the variety by including less familiar vegetables like kohlrabi, fennel, and celeriac a few times throughout the season. We also try to include fruit whenever possible.
- Our share size should easily feed a family of 4 or 2 vegetable-loving adults.
- A list of the vegetables we are planning for the winter shares and their projected harvest months can be found here.
- Winter shares are made up of storage crops like potatoes, onions, and winter squash and field crops such as kale, cabbage, and leeks.
- Please Note: Winter weather can be rough on vegetables outside and both storage and field crops are higher risks through the winter months.
The Winter CSA season is biweekly for 5 months. It will include 10 shares, beginning the week of December 14th/15th thru the week of April 19th/20th, with pick-ups every other week.
Membership is $450. There are two payment options:
- Single-payment option: full $450 by October 1st
- Two-payment option: pay $225 by October 1st and the remaining $225 by Feb. 1st
Need a different payment option? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do!
Once memberships are confirmed, members will be emailed an invoice.
We accept checks, cash, and money orders for payments and we’ve added an online payment here on our website. Click here to make secure online payments using your Paypal account or debit/credit card.
As with the summer season, both the on-farm and Salem pick-up sites will be market-style, enabling you to choose your vegetables from the quantities listed.
- Please bring your own bags for bringing home your vegetables.
- We’ve added a swap box for members who choose to trade out a share item. Anything you don’t want from your share can be left for donation.
- If you can’t make it to a pick-up, consider offering your share to a friend or neighbor. Just have them to check in with us upon arrival.
Lebanon Pick-up Option:
= On-farm CSA pick-up will be Wednesday evenings, 3:30pm – 6pm.
Farm Location: 34077 Santiam Hwy, Lebanon, OR 97355
Newsletters & Other Resources
In addition to fresh, seasonal vegetables, we’ll also have a newsletter updating members on what’s in the share, what’s happening on the farm, and recipe suggestions. To avoid wasting paper, the newsletter will be e-mailed directly to members and will be available here on the Pitchfork & Crow website.
- More recipe suggestions available on the Recipe page of our website.
- Storage tips, recipes, and more are also available in the member resources section of our website.
- Finally, you’ll get access to the private member Facebook group where members can share what they’re cooking for dinner with P&C vegetables.
We’ll be waiting to schedule a winter farm event based on how the current COVID-19 situation plays out in the coming months. We love members to visit the farm and welcome individual or family tours throughout the season.
The Farm and Farmers
Information about our growing practices, farm location, and farmer backgrounds can be found here.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Pitchfork & Crow | Lebanon, Oregon | email@example.com | (503) 999-7918 |