September 2018 Update
Many thanks for your interest in our Winter CSA program. We’re full-up for the season. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
Thanks! Carri & Jeff* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * .
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
CSA’s are supported by community members who pre-pay for a share of the farm harvest. This pre-payment helps provide stable financing for farming operations, allowing farmers to focus on thorough planning and quality care of the soil and crops. A CSA provides members the knowledge of where and how their food is grown. Focused on the local community, a CSA lessens travel time between harvest and cooking, increasing nutritional content and lessening environmental impacts of transportation. CSAs help build local economies and protect valuable farm land from urbanization and poor management.
2018/2019 Pitchfork & Crow Winter CSA
- $350 for 10 bi-weekly pick-ups of local, seasonal, organic vegetables (December thru April.)
- A variety of vegetables, including many open pollinated varieties
- Convenient pick-up at the farm in Lebanon or near downtown Salem at the Willamette Heritage Center.
- Know your farmers, know your food!
Vegetables & Share Size
Our goal is to provide a diverse mix of seasonal and storage vegetables from week-to-week, including many familiar vegetables and some less familiar varieties. Favorites like carrots, potatoes, and butternut winter squash will make many multiple appearances in the shares and we’ll round out the variety by including less familiar vegetables like kohlrabi, fennel, and celeriac a few times throughout the season. We also try to include fruit whenever possible.
- Our share size should easily feed a family of 4 or 2 vegetable-loving adults.
- A list of the vegetables we are planning for the winter shares can be found here.
- Winter shares are made up of storage crops like potatoes, onions, and winter squash and field crops such as kale, cabbage, and leeks. Note: Winter weather can be rough on vegetables outside and both storage and field crops are higher risks through the winter months.
The Winter CSA season is biweekly and will include 10 shares, from the week of December 18th thru the week of April 23rd, with pick-ups every other week.
Membership is $350. There are two payment options:
- Single-payment option: full $350 by October 15th
- Two-payment option: pay $175 October 15th and the remaining $175 by Feb. 15th
Once memberships are confirmed, members will be emailed an invoice.
As with the summer season, both the on-farm and Salem pick-up sites will be market-style, enabling you to choose your vegetables from the quantities listed.
- Please bring your own bags for bringing home your vegetables.
- We’ve added a swap box for members who choose to trade out one share item. Anything else you don’t want from your share can be left for donation.
- If you can’t make it to a pick-up, consider offering your share to a friend or neighbor. Just have them to check in with us upon arrival.
Lebanon Pick-up Option:
= On-farm CSA pick-up will be Wednesday evenings, 4pm – 6pm.
Farm Location: 34073 Santiam Hwy SE, Lebanon, OR 97355
= Salem CSA pick-up will be Tuesday evenings, 4pm – 6pm.
The Salem CSA pick-up location will be in the parking lot in front of the Mission Mill Museum at the Willamette Heritage Center.
Location: 1313 Mill St. SE Salem, OR 97301
In addition to fresh, seasonal vegetables, we’ll also have a newsletter updating members on what’s in the share, what’s happening on the farm, and recipe suggestions. To avoid wasting paper, the newsletter will be e-mailed directly to members and will be available on the Pitchfork & Crow website.
Come to the farm for a potluck lunch in March! We’ll have more details as the date gets closer, but we promise a farm tour, good food, and great company!
The Farm and Farmers
Information about our growing practices, farm location, and farmer backgrounds can be found here.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Pitchfork & Crow | Lebanon, Oregon | email@example.com | (503) 999-7918 |