Hello from Pitchfork & Crow ~
We’re headed to the final Salem Saturday Market of 2012! Here’s a selection of what we’ll be bringing to market:
- Broccoli – the best we’ve grown, and lots of it!
- Cabbage – red & green, including some savoy
- Flour Corn
- Potatoes – fingerlings, reds, all blues, purples, & german butterballs!
- Pumpkins – have you carved a jack yet?
- Salad Mix – yup, we’re bringing some lettuce!
- Sweet Potatoes!
- Winter Squash – delicata, butternut, and giant blue hubbards!
Somehow we’ve come to the end of October, and the end of the 2012 Market season. Our booth will be stocked full of our favorite fall veggies tomorrow including rutabagas, sweet potatoes, cabbage, winter squash, and even salad mix! We hope you’ll stop by before we pack it in for the season. We’ll be keeping busy this winter with our CSA running through November and our small winter CSA program running from December through next May. We’ll also finally be catching up on various projects around the farm. We’re looking forward to a cozy winter on the farm, planning and preparing for the 2013 season!
We hope to see you Saturday sometime between 9am and 3pm. You can find us at the Salem Saturday Market near the intersection of Winter and Union streets in downtown Salem.
Carri Heisler and Jeff Bramlett