Hello from Pitchfork & Crow ~
We’re headed to the Salem Saturday Market! Here’s a selection of what we’ll be bringing to market:
- Apples – we’re calling them Gravensteins, you can just call them tasty!
- Asian Pears – small but flavorful!
- Cooking Greens
- Cucumbers – picklers, slicers, and lemons!
- Green Peppers
- Potatoes – fingerlings and all blues
- Summer Squash
- Tomatoes – heirloom slicers, pastes, and cherries!
We’re gearing up for another day at the Salem Saturday Market! Fall is in the air, but the weather is holding out so far and we’re looking forward to another pleasant day tomorrow. We can really see the shifting of the season in the field. The winter squash is ripening up and the cucumbers are on the way out. Also, the greens have really hit their stride now that the summer heat has subsided. Let’s enjoy what remains of the summer veggies together!
We hope to see you Saturday sometime between 9am and 3pm. You can find us at the Salem Saturday Market near the intersection of Winter and Union streets in downtown Salem.
Carri Heisler and Jeff Bramlett