Hello from Pitchfork & Crow ~
We’re headed to the Salem Saturday Market! Here’s a selection of what we’ll be bringing to market:
- Apples – we’re calling them Gravensteins, you can just call them tasty!
- Asian Pears – small but flavorful!
- Basil (!)
- Cabbage – including savoy and reds
- Cucumbers – picklers, slicers, and lemons!
- Green Beans – Blue Lake pole beans – fewer strings for your snapping pleasure
- Head Lettuce – romaine and butterhead
- Peppers – green bells, jalapenos, shishitos and larger padrones
- Potatoes – fingerlings and all blues this week
- Salad Mix
- Summer Squash
- Tomatoes – heirloom slicers and saladettes mostly
Unprecedented since April, but we’re making a Saturday Market showing three weeks in a row! We’re even bringing fun summer-time crops such as basil and lots of tomatoes for this last week of August. The apples and Asian pears are also delicious and abundant! This week has been our first focused harvest week of the year at the farm and our cooler is filling up with storage crops such as apples and potatoes. Come down to the Market and help us celebrate the abundance of tasty, organic produce that’s available this season.
We hope to see you Saturday sometime between 9am and 3pm. You can find us at the Salem Saturday Market near the intersection of Winter and Union streets in downtown Salem.
Carri Heisler and Jeff Bramlett