Hello from Pitchfork & Crow~
Another weekend of fantastic weather on tap for the Salem Saturday Market! Here’s what we plan to bring to market:
- Acorn Squash!!
- Beans (Green, Purple, Yellow!)
- Cooking Greens Mix (Kale, Chard, Collards, Cabbage, Parsley)
- Kale (Red Russian & Lacinato)
- Onions (sweet & purple torpedoes)
- Peppers (green bells, yellow hot wax, red sweets!)
- Potatoes (fingerlings, reds, & yukon golds)
- Pumpkins (just the mini pumpkins this week!)
- Purple Hull Peas
- Summer Squash (yellow straightneck, zucchini, & pattypan)
This week surprised us with some amazing belated summer weather. We’ve tried not to take it for granted and spent a couple of evenings bringing in the dried flour corn, popcorn, acorn squash, and mini pumpkins. Our small greenhouse is now nearly full of curing winter squash and corn where baby transplants lived in the spring and through the summer. Each week that passes results in an emptier field as our storage crops are harvested. It’s very reassuring to read through the list of what we plan to bring to market and remind ourselves that indeed there are vegetables to be had! The beautiful weather has provided us with a short extension of the summer fruits and we’re excited to share the first of the winter squash this week too. We hope you’re enjoying this window of fall sunshine!
We hope to see you tomorrow at the Saturday Market between 9am and 3pm. The Salem Saturday Market is located at the intersection of Summer and Marion streets NE in downtown Salem.
Carri Heisler and Jeff Bramlett