Hello from Pitchfork & Crow~
Hey, tomorrow’s the Salem Saturday Market! Here’s what we plan to bring to market:
- Beans (Green, Purple, Yellow!)
- Cooking Greens Mix (Kale, Chard, Collards, Cabbage, Parsley)
- Kale (Red Russian & Lacinato)
- Onions (sweet & purple torpedoes)
- Peppers (green peppers & yellow banana)
- Purple Hull Peas
- Summer Squash (yellow straightneck, zucchini, & pattypan)
- Tomatoes (cherries & slicers & a few heirlooms too!)
It’s a late afternoon edition of the weekly P&C update! It’s been one of those weeks for these farmers and we’re a little overloaded with things to be done, so it’s a short note this week. It’s been an exciting week, becoming familiar with the new farm, selling hay from it, renting a tractor for some late-season planting. Jeff has been the farming hero this week while I, Carri, have been caught up with day-job commitments. Aren’t we all glad it’s the weekend again? Now I’m off to help Jeff with the harvest.
We hope to see you at the Saturday Market between 9am and 3pm. The Salem Saturday Market is located at the intersection of Summer and Marion streets NE in downtown Salem.